Friday night was a very long night if you were a Notre Dame fan. It was even longer if you were waiting for a phone call from an NFL team. Going into Friday evening 16 former ND Football players sat and watched the NFL Draft with hopes of getting that phone call. Jerry Tillery has already been to Los Angeles and has done his media introduction. Jerry was also able to catch up with former teammate Isaac Rochell who met him at the door.
The wait for the phone call came in late on Friday night for one of Notre Dame’s favorite Wide Receiver’s, Miles Boykin. With the 93rd pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens picked up a steal late in the third round. The wait is over for Miles Boykin. The Ravens traded up to get the great Wide receiver.
Miles Boykin has one of those names you can do a lot with. We loved using Oh Boykin! Miles made some many great plays that this phrase just rose to the top. Boykin really stepped into the spotlight at the end of the 2017/2018 season at the Citrus Bowl on New Year’s Day. Down 17-14 the Irish needed a miracle and a miracle was delivered by Ian Book to Miles Boykin. A 55 yard touchdown reception was just what Irish fans were praying for. The Irish beat LSU on that play 21-17. The post game interview here. By the way he was named Citrus Bowl MVP.
Miles By The Numbers (Sr Year)
- Led team during the regular season with 803 receiving yards on 54 catches and eight TDs
- Had at least one TD catch in six straight games (STAN, VT, PITT, NAVY, NW, FSU), the longest such streak by an Irish WR since Will Fuller in 2014
- Eclipsed 100 receiving yards in three games and had two games with multiple TD catches
- Snared 11 receptions for 144 yards and a score against Stanford
- Made a pair of TD catches among eight receptions for 117 yards at No. 24 Virginia Tech
- Had four catches and two TD grabs against Navy
Congratulation to Miles Boykin and best wishes to him at the next level. #NFLBouND Cheers and Go Irish! ☘🏈⚡